Serves: approx. 2 cups
Time: 5 minutes
For the salad
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 50g jarred pickled beets, diced
- 20g feta cheese
- 2 to 3 cups kale
- Generous handful of pecans
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp Strawberry balsamic vinegar (or 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar mixed with 2 tsp beet juice from the jar)
- 2 tsp old fashion mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- -(optional : a splash of olive oil to tone down the acidity)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. Wash and pat dry the kale leaves. Place in a single layer on baking sheet, season with salt and pepper (and a little bit of olive oil if desired). Bake, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until leaves are ender, crisp on the edges and slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Prepare the quinoa according to the package.
4. In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and mix with a fork (or using the jar-and-shake method).
5. Once the quinoa and kale are cooked, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and drizzle with salad dressing.