Serving: 12 cookies
Time: 10 minutes prep time, 10 minutes bake time
• ½ cup peanut butter (I use Kirkland Signature Natural PB from Costco)
• ¼ cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 egg
• 1 large egg white (approx. 2 TBSP if you’re using liquid egg whites)
• ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ½ cup vanilla protein powder (I use LeanFit Complete Green Organic Protein Powder from Costco)
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• Chocolate chips or chopped dates
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix until ingredients are well blended.
3.Sprinkle the baking soda over the top.
4.With a rubber spatula, work in the protein powder and coconut flour until well combined. The will seem very dry first but will continue to come together as you stir and push. Fold in chocolate chips or dates.
5.With a small cookie scoop or your hands, portion the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto your prepared baking sheet (you will have 12 to 14 cookies total). With your fingers, gently flatten the tops of the cookies, as they will not spread but will puff up during baking. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping the cookies halfway.
6.Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them directly to the wire rack to finish cooling.